First and foremost, Galveston is an island!
Thirty two miles of beaches are accessible for swimming, surfing or playing on the beach.
A variety of adventures await! Galveston has something to do for everyone.
- Tours of historic homes, oil rigs, birding, photography and riding on the “Duck” with a tour guide to point out and provide stories of Galveston now and in the past
- Educational attractions has Moody Gardens at the top of the list, with a Tropical Rainforest Pyramid, an Aquarium Pyramid, a Discovery Pyramid, 3D rides, 3D theatre, and the COLONEL paddlewheel sailing the bay areas.
- Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark has both in-door and out-door water adventures, so they are able to be open in all types of weather.
- Golf courses will challenge all levels of players. Moody Gardens Golf Course is open, as well as the Galveston Country Club course.
Entertainment: all over the island
- The Grand 1894 Opera House brings internationally known performances to Galveston.
- Local actors perform at ETC and other venues.
- Night life is busy and fun in the Strand historic district, including pubs, art walk events and free movies on the Strand.
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier has great amusement rides, ferris wheels, roller coaters, and gift shops & restaurants.
- So many types of food that you are sure to find something new or familiar.
Annual Events include:
- 2 weekends of Mardi Gras Celebration
- Spring Break invites families to the island
- Home Tours of private homes
- Feather Fest for bird-watching
- Arts & Crafts
- Memorial Day weekend
- Annual Sandcastle Competition
- July 4th Celebration (with fireworks all summer long somewhere on the Island, usually on Friday and Saturday nights)
- Labor Day
- Regatta Sailing Boats Race
- Lone Star Motorcycle Event
- Dickens on the Strand with parades and lots of everything Dickens
- New Year’s Eve
During the summer months, volleyball tournaments are held each weekend, as well as bands that entertain and play at a variety of venues.
Sights and Attractions.
Education and History.
For more information visit Galveston.com